Thursday, August 13, 2009

Where I've Been

Hey there!

As a church, we did a "30-day Spiritual Bootcamp". We took 30 days and set them aside to SET ASIDE the things that we normally consume our time with.
Also know as:

Computer-
-Email
-Facebook
-Blogging
Movies that aren't inspirational
Video games
Music that is not God-glorifying

And we took that time to study the bible, pray more often and do things that normally would get pushed aside.

For me, I did what was required but I also did things that didn't glorify me. I dont like to bring attention to myself normally, but this last 30 days I went above and beyond to bring glory to God and give special attention to those around me.

It was wonderful! Dont get me wrong, it was extremely difficult... Withdrawals were heavy the first week ;) But it put everything into perspective for me. It showed me what was truly important and what was just "time-fillers".

So, just to let you know, I have been gone on purpose and am back! with a new perspective.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back, Hannah!
A lightning bolt hit right next to our house and knocked out the internet for a week. Lately I've been using the computer alot for school. Not necessarily because I had to, but because I had sort of formed an addiction to the screen... lol. Yeah, I know what you mean about withdrawals. I agree- it did/does feel good to not be on all the time again.
Love Ya!
KallyLyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah! I just wanted to let you know that I really love reading your blogs and I hope that you will post a new one soon :) I've been thinking about you alot. Just wanted to stop by and say I love ya!
-Danielle

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails