Saturday, May 22, 2010

Letting Go



When I say that title, it brings me great relief. Comfort too.

But that wouldn't have been the case in the not too distant past. It would have caused me to hang on tighter and scream like a stubborn young child... I wouldn't have wanted to let go at all. I would have said that this situation is necessary... I just need this to happen... I really do believe in that person... Its really ok because I can handle this.

Then I found out I cant.

In fact, I crumble under the immense stress and anxiety of holding onto to something that may not be His will. And God made something even more clear to me than I knew before...

We aren't supposed to.

We shouldn't carry the load. We aren't supposed to hang onto things that bring us worry or stress.
"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." (1 Peter 5:7)
"Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved." (Psalm 55:22)
Or even the latter portion of Matthew 6 shows us amazing promise...

I have read these verses many many times and even thought that I did let things go... But not until I held on to something long enough to create hurt and pain, did I finally give up and let God take the reins, the burden. I guess I was pretty stubborn that way. :(

You know that feeling that rushes over and through you when you breathe a huge sigh of relief? There isn't really a way to describe it.. it's just amazing. Well after truly letting go and having God take what He really does want to take and free us from, healing, peace and joy are now in it's place.


It's like living with a constant happy sigh of relief...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Friend.

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails