Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Russian Nesting Dolls

Today I was apart of a an art class... but not just any art class, mind you. I was able, along with other students, try my hand for the first time at painting Russian Nesting Dolls! Of course you ALLLLLLL know what these are.. even if you are unsure of the name. Here's a picture, but they are not mine:
They are so cute, and I've always admired them as something very culturally unique-- truly beautiful pieces. WELL-- I was elated to find out from my friend that this is what we were to do today!
No, I'm not showing you mine. I'm sorry, but it's not completely finished. I want it varnished and everything--- the whole nine yards.

Here are some pictures from today:

Alex working on her doll-

Schuyler concentrated on his-


Me hunched greatly over mine...


Marina (our fabulous teacher) on the left with Polina, a sweet gal from Russia painting her large doll-

Today was SO much fun. We were on Four Tree Island under a pavilion-- it was a stunning day. Absolutely beautiful. We could have done away with a bit of the wind, but it's an island on the ocean, what can you expect? I brought a sweatshirt ;)

So my final masterpiece will present itself on here shortly.

...to be continued.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Nesting dolls! Can't wait to see yours. Your blog is pretty. Did you design it yourself?

Stephanie said...

I love nesting dolls too. I picked some up at a yard sale this past summer!

Did you get the hit counter figured out?

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails