Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Recent Read

I recently finished 'The Five People You Meet in Heaven' by Mitch Albom. I enjoyed it greatly. It was a sad but... fulfilling book. Reminder of the bitterness of a long life filled with unanswered questions and hatred. Sadly this man wasn't able to reconcile with some of the people he had a grudge with until the end--- or beyond.

This story shows the honorable passing of a lonely man and who he meets in heaven. The people he sits with and encounters have somehow greatly influenced the course of his life. And how his existence somehow influenced their fate. He, and sometimes them too, never knowing it at the time.

After the book was finished it showed me how lives are constantly being intertwined whether we like it or not, or know it. Somehow everything I have said and done influences someone else. I am not the only one blessed,
or harmed, by the things I do. It's not all about me.

No comments:

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails