Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Recent Purchase

I've recently bought a bunch of books. Well not a bunch I guess, but 6. Or 7. I purchased one of them as a duplicate as a gift and another for someone special. I cant WAIT to give these to the people I thought of!!

Ugh! I love thinking of people!



Of the books I bought, it's hard to say which I want to read first or which I'm most excited about. VERY HARD. But I've chose to feature one.



Multiple Blessings:
Surviving to Thriving with Twins and Sextuplets




I cant wait to read this book!! I'm going to scream when I get the package in the mail. The tv show Jon & Kate Plus 8 is my favorite show ever. Apart from the FoodNetwork of course. I love their realness. I love how they care about eachother, pray with eachother, go to church, the craziness of their meals, the madness of rounding up the kids to go somewhere and how they trust the Lord. I love how they show all those things on tv. They aren't perfect and they know it, and it makes the show so refreshing from the normal, everyday fake perfectness that floods millions of television screens every minute. Plus that's my idea of a family :) A lot of kids, relaxed but strong parents and a whole lot of care, love and attention.

Here's what CBD says about the book:

Just three years after giving birth to twin daughters, Kate and Jon Gosselin learned they were pregnant again - with sextuplets. In Multiple Blessings, Kate chronicles the emotional and exhausting journey she and Jon made from the time the babies were conceived through the first two years of their lives. After struggling to carry and deliver all six babies, then coping with months of neonatal intensive care, Jon and Kate thought they'd made it through the hardest part of the journey.
Not even close. Stress-filled days and sleepless nights became their world as she and Jon managed to feed, bathe, clothe, and monitor the health of their fragile infants without losing sight of their love for each other and the twins. This is an honest and uplifting story of faith. It's the story of a young couple who trusted in the ever present hand of a faithful God to provide the strength and courage they needed to face seemingly impossible challenges one day at a time.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

ANOTHER GREAT BLOG. LOVE IT.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I feel honored to have been one of the recipients! Love you, Hannah!

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails