Thursday, February 12, 2009

"While I'm Waiting"

I've recently found a new song. A new song that I love like nothing I've ever heard. Like I'm truly serious. You know that kind where you just listen for the first time and your jaw drops open?

Wait, wait wait... I want to start this off right: GOD IS INCREDIBLE.

There are recent things that have been revealed to me that confirms a lot of things inside me. I just feel like I'm going to be doing some waiting. A considerable amount. Things are going to come slow for me, I have a feeling. In what area of life that means, I have NO IDEA. With every confirmation recently, I've been tried. Guess it's just a hard pill to swallow.
I'm usually a patient person. Generally content all the time... but occasionally impatience comes in waves. During those times it's very painful and very, very hard. I'm sure you, reader, know what I mean... you've most likely had to wait for something(s) at some point.


Well this song that I found has been playing all the time. On the computer, my iPod, in my car... it's even stalked me in a recent movie. It's like a "whoa God, I get the picture" kind of thing. Yet the words (every single word) resinates in me. I feel like I could have wrote it!

I think I've found my personal anthem for this point in my life.


The song is called 'While I'm Waiting' by John Waller. It's from his album 'Blessing'. I have it on my playlist at the bottom of this page... so it should be playing when you read this. By the time you've read this far, it's probably half done. I'd go hit repeat.



Here are the words:

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait


I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting, I will serve You
While I'm waiting, I will worship
While I'm waiting, I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait


I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait,I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great song..I'll have to share this with Danielle..she has trouble waiting...just like her momma!

Anonymous said...

This song has touched me too in a great way, I love it!!! Thanks for posting this!!
Rands

Mrs. H said...

It's a good one, isn't it?! Man, waiting - before I never really stopped to think of waiting as an act of obedience, but I too, feel like that is where I am right now. Waiting. God's helped me through the past and now I'm so eager to get to the future but "faithfully I will wait." Thanks for sharing.

about elisabeth said...

I heard this the other day too, and stopped just to listen! It really touched me.

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails